Corporate Flight Attendant
As an integral part of the flight crew, the flight attendant’s primary role is passenger safety. The Flight Attendant ensures CIGNA flights are provided with the highest level of passenger safety to our travelers while providing world class service on every CIGNA flight. Other operational/ancillary duties are also assigned by the Manager, Flight Operations.
The purpose of the Flight Attendant position is to ensure the safety and well being of over 15,000 passengers per year traveling both domestically and internationally. Although under most circumstances the position will entail routine services such as food and beverage preparation and serving, there remains the real possibility of in-flight emergencies, which the attendant must be prepared to respond. Included in this category are abnormal passenger behavior, injury or illness, an onboard fire or depressurization, emergency landings and passenger emergency evacuation. In this respect, the position requires significant abilities and responsibilities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONISBILITIES
- Reports for assigned flight duty at least 1.5 hours prior to scheduled departure time. Duties include checking aircraft safety equipment, aircraft supplies and expected flight conditions (weather, turbulence, etc.).
- Ensures that requested or anticipated catering requirements are met and are available and on the aircraft well before flight time.
- Greets passengers and checks against manifest. If passenger name does not appear on manifest, requires proper identification before permitting the passenger to board, either by checking Cigna ID card or with verification by another known passenger. Reports deviations to Pilot-In-Command of flight and CIGNA Operations. Ensures that all packages and luggage belong to (and if any doubt, are identified by) a passenger prior to stowing on the aircraft.
- Prior to takeoff, secures the cabin of all loose items and briefs passengers on emergency procedures and aircraft safety features.
- Maintains continuous awareness of the safety and comfort of passengers, assisting them when necessary (including use of First Aid, CPR and AED use). Communicates with passengers regarding weather conditions and other pertinent factors concerning the flight.
- Provides food and beverage services to passengers (including the cooking or heating of food), magazines, newspapers, and other inflight conveniences. Notes any passenger needs for cabs, rental cars, etc. at destination and reports to pilot to radio ahead.
- Is constantly prepared for minor or major emergencies, including the possibility of emergency landings, evacuations, fire aboard the aircraft, etc.
- Ensures that passenger personal belongings are claimed, the cabin is properly cleaned and unnecessary items are removed from the aircraft. Restocks the aircraft in preparation for the next flight.
- Ensures that all passenger needs (ground transportation, phone calls, etc.) are taken care of.
- Submits expenses related to each flight and ensures any post flight paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
This statement of duties is for identifying this position. It does not cover in detail all of the duties required of the position.
- Certified graduate of approved flight attendant school under FAA FAR 91, 121 or 135.
- High school graduate.
- Certified in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), AED and In Flight First Aid.
- Minimum of one year of in-flight service experience with corporate or commercial airline.
- Prior supervisory experience or supervisory training.
- Possess a current Second Class FAA Flight Physical
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- Citizen of the U.S. with a valid Passport and willing to travel internationally.
- Pleasant, friendly, outgoing personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Exemplary previous employment history with recommendations.
- Excellent leadership qualities
- At least two years of advanced education.
- Previous international travel experience
Must maintain a PRIMARY living residence within one hour of Bradley International Airport (KBDL), to facilitate:
- Short commutes
- Early morning show times ~ wake-up time
- Late evening arrivals ~ driving home late night
- Back to back trips ~ ensure a productive sleep period between trips
- Scheduled occasional duty-crew assignments ~ ability to launch in 3 hours if pre-advised of likely flight requirement
US Candidates Only: Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us at SeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor Locks
CT Bradley Arpt Hngr 85-176
Bldg 85-176 Bradley Intnal Airport
Windsor Locks 06096
Admin/Gen Mgt--Corp Services
Work at home opportunity (External):No
Shift: On Call
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time